Use Android and iOS smartphones and tablets as feature-rich extensions of your Toshiba business phone systems
Toshiba’s UCedge™ mobility client brings unified communications to Android™ and Apple® iOS smartphones and tablets — no matter which Toshiba phone system you use. If you love the IPMobility feature on your IPedge® or Strata® CIX premises-based system or Call Manager Mobile on your VIPedge cloud-based solution, you’ll love UCedge for bringing it all together.
With client software that you can download from the Internet, you gain valuable convenience, productivity and cost-saving features on your mobile device:
- Work from anywhere using personal or business mobile devices as a business phone extension.
- Enable easier connections with one-number reach, in or out of the office or out of the country.
- Protect mobile number privacy by displaying only the office phone number in caller ID.
- Manage office voice mails easily and quickly with a visual interface on a mobile device.
- Place long distance and international calls to contacts from a cell phone at landline rates.
- Stay in touch while traveling internationally.
- Get more done with instant messaging (IM) with colleagues who are busy or on the phone.
- See the status of UCedge colleagues or Microsoft® Lync® Server users before calling them.
- Rapidly find contacts in a list synchronized with the office phone system and user-provided avatars.
By using your personal or business mobile device as a versatile business phone, you won’t miss important calls, and you can collaborate with colleagues and customers quickly and efficiently — an obvious advantage for any business.
UCedge has been tested and validated on selected smartphone models from Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sony and LG, as well as tablets from Toshiba, Apple and Samsung (support on Windows and Mac desktops and laptops as of October 2014).
Get started today. It’s easy. Licenses for the UCedge client are provided as part of the VIPedge solution, or the license is available as an option for the IPedge or Strata CIX system. For mobile devices, just download the UCedge client from Google Play™ or the iTunes® App Store (mobile devices require a cellular data plan with an option to enable WiFi access for locations with poor cell network service).