Phoenix Manufacturing — “The Cool Alternative” — Benefits From Toshiba’s IPedge Business Phone System
Just about any way you measure it, Phoenix is the hottest big city in the US. It has the highest daily average temperatures and the most days above 99 degrees — 107 scorching days a year.
Most people would consider such temperatures unbearable. However, a new technology spawned the city’s boom in the 1950s: air conditioning. Thanks to air conditioning, there was more new construction in Phoenix in 1959 alone than the previous 30 years combined. Thanks to air conditioning, Phoenix is now the 6th largest city in the US. So it is only fitting that Phoenix is home to Phoenix Manufacturing Inc. (PMI), maker of evaporative cooling products for residential, commercial and industrial customers worldwide.
When it was time to update PMI’s phone system to modern IP telephony, Chris Corbett of Phoenix-based Cortel Communications (www.CortelCom.com) recommended Toshiba’s IPedge® business phone system. One compact IPedge EC server (only 1U, less than 2” high) handles 35,000+ calls a month for staff across PMI’s 12-acre campus. IPedge improves PMI’s internal and external communications in several ways. For example:
- Staff can answer voice, email and fax messages from one inbox for better responsiveness and efficiency.
- Sales reps and other mobile employees can use their smart phones as IPedge extensions. Calls find them anywhere, and they don’t have to reveal their cell phone numbers.
- Unified communications converges PC and phone with on-screen call answering, screen pops from customer/supplier records, click-to-call from Microsoft Outlook and Lync contacts, and more.
- Moves/adds/changes and updates can be made from anywhere without the cost of service calls.
- Automatic call distribution (ACD), with call recording and reporting, ensures that all calls are answered promptly and handled with professionalism.
“Toshiba’s IPedge IP business telephone system enables us to deliver a quality experience for customers, suppliers and employees,” said Ruth Roman, PMI’s controller, “and the system is actually paying for itself with cost savings.” That’s a cool alternative.
Success Story At a Glance
Customer: Phoenix Manufacturing Inc. (PMI)
Business: Manufacturer and supplier of evaporative cooling systems
Locations: Phoenix, Ariz.
Dealer: Cortel Communications
Authorized Toshiba Dealer
Chris Corbett, President
Solution: IPedge EC system with 76 Toshiba IP 5000-series phones
Jabra wireless headsets for mobile workers
Unified messaging (single inbox for email, voice and fax messages)
Unified communications (converging phone and PC)
ACD with contact center recording and reporting
Integration with DoorKing and Cyberdata entry security phones
Simple, browser-based administration and remote management
Results: Improved staff efficiency and customer service
Better contact center agent, supervisor and customer experiences
Reliable processing for 35,000+ calls a month
Cost savings by moving to an affordable IP system with fast ROI