Five great Reasons to upgrade your legacy Toshiba telephone system
If your organization uses a venerable Toshiba Strata® DK, Strata CTX or Strata CIX™ business phone system, we appreciate your long-term loyalty. These systems have been real workhorses. We have systems out in the field that are up to 20 years old.
Even if your trusty phone system is still going strong, this is a great time to trade up to the current generation of Toshiba voice over IP (VoIP) or hybrid digital/VoIP phone systems. You’re missing out on technology advances that could dramatically improve productivity, costs and customer care.
Empower your people for greater levels of collaboration and connection.
Make it easier for customers and suppliers to do business with you.
Streamline the network infrastructure by having one network do the work of two.
Dramatically reduce communications costs and complexity.
Redefine how business gets done and how the organization looks to the world.
Here are five great reasons to do it now rather than later:
1. SIP trunking — Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) enables IP communications to work seamlessly across service provider’s IP networks. You can bring remote locations into one system with advanced features. For example:
· Publish local phone numbers for each location, yet have those calls centrally handled.
· Have overflow calls automatically handed off to a second trunk connection.
· On a case-by-case basis, have calls forwarded to a mobile phone or other number if the WAN connection to your phone system server is ever down.
2. Unified messaging — Ensure that every call is answered and that callers get the information they need. View and manage email, voice mail and faxes in one inbox with easy message retrieval and management from anywhere. Configure your mailbox to work the way you want it to.
3. Unified communications — Blend phone and PC/laptop/notebook into a powerful, multimedia productivity tool. Efficiently manage calls from your computer, such as click-to-call from your contacts list. See the current status of coworkers. Communicate quickly via Chat instant messaging. Use your Microsoft Lync contact list to make calls, transfer, conference people in and display user status. Integrate with leading customer relationship management (CRM) programs, such as Salesforce.com®, Act!® and Microsoft Outlook®.
4. Mobility — Have calls to your office number find you on your cell phone, or make outbound calls without revealing your mobile number. And with a free app that you turn on and off at will, use your Apple® or Android™ smartphone as a Toshiba phone system extension. Roam the halls using secure wireless phones that bring your desk phone features and profile with you.
5. Crazy trade-up incentives — From now through March 2014, Toshiba is offering irresistible deals, such as IP phones for as little as $25 — or free — for the VIPedge™ cloud-based telephone solution. Or 50 percent discounts on IPedge user licenses. Or a $50 trade-in credit on each new digital phone you buy for a Strata CIX system.
Wherever you start, it’s your choice how you take advantage. You can upgrade to a converged system that supports both digital and IP, so you can reuse your existing digital phones and migrate to IP in stages. Or move to pure IP communications in a sleek, all-in-one server. Or get your phone services from “the cloud” for less than a dollar per day per user.
Don’t miss out! Most promotional offers run from November 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.
For full details, visit www.telecom.toshiba.com/tradeup.
For more Toshiba information, please visit our website at: http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/